Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week Seven- "Rawr for Adrison"

Rawr Sketch
Pencil
2010


Rawr for Adrison
Pencil on Cardboard
2010
Craft
I used pencil on carboard because I needed to try out a new media and cardboard works out pretty well for a drawing.

Concept
I created this piece for my friend Adriana Stanton. I have recently started modeling or at least building up my portfolio and she has been my photographer. So, I decided to take a picture on my own for her portfolio because she does photo editing and graphic design. I developed the idea into a self-portrait kind of thing and came up with "Rawr" because I am literally growling as I'm taking the photograph.

Compositon
I believe compositionally your eyes are drawn to my eyes because of the contrast between them and the rest of the portrait. However, I initially set out to draw attention to my mouth because it emphasizes on the "rawr".

No comments:

Post a Comment