Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week Four- A Piece Inspired by a Previous Work


Previous Work- Genocidal Love
Awareness on  my wall:)
2010, Oil Paint on Canvas Paper

I used 2 different colors of oil paint. I used red, and black to create Awareness.   I used 2 different sized brushes, both being bristled, one was small to paint the word awareness and the other was a medium sized brush to paint the background and the ribbon. 
The first thing I wanted to accomplish with this piece is to draw the eye of my audience to the bright red ribbon, the word in itself is not as important as the actual ribbon. The ribbon is a symbol of HIV/AIDS and it represents the struggles  an HIV/AIDS victim must endure. I want people to realize how important safe sex is, and that it can affect not only yourself but others. Life is a gift, so don't take yours for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment